The hot-melt road marking paint utilizes the thermoplasticity of synthetic resin to make the hot-melt paint fast-drying, and utilizes the hot-melt property of synthetic resin to make the marking and the road adhere firmly. Hot-melt reflective road marking coatings are generally composed of thermoplastic resins, pigments and fillers, reflective materials and other additives. Hot-melt coatings have the advantages of good adhesion, long wear-resistant service life, strong nighttime reflective performance, quick-drying construction, good weather/water resistance, etc., and are low in cost, cheap in price, and environmentally friendly.
Hot melt coatings are powdery at room temperature. There are no solvent volatile components in the composition. The construction heats it to melt it, and then uses special equipment to coat it on the ground, and rely on physical condensation to solidify into a film. The thickness of the marking coating made by the hot melt coating is (1.0~2.5) mm. The coating is mixed with reflective glass beads, and the surface is sprinkled with reflective glass beads during the marking construction. This kind of marking has good reflective performance at night and has a long service life. According to the estimation of the demand for various road marking coatings in the construction of large roads with traffic flow, it can generally reach 2 to 3 years.
The hot-melt marking paint is solid powder at room temperature. During construction, the paint is put into the melting kettle. The temperature in the kettle is controlled between 180°C and 210°C, and stirring is performed while melting. Put into the thermal insulation melting hopper of the scribing car. The molten coating is then back introduced into the scribing hopper and kept warm to keep the material in a molten state. Before marking, there is a pre-marking machine to mark the position, and the primer is applied with a primer according to the coating position indicated by the design drawing. After the primer is completely dry, the marking paint can be applied. When starting to mark the line, the marking bucket should be placed on the road surface. Since there is a certain gap between the marking bucket and the ground, when the marking car moves forward, it will automatically flow and scrape out a neat marking line. The glass bead spreader automatically and evenly spreads a layer of reflective glass beads on the marking line.
Hot melt coating pavement construction points:
1. When the paint is dissolved, the temperature is limited between 180-220°C. After dissolving, stir slowly, keep warm for 3-5 minutes, and then discharge the material, so that the function of hot-melt pavement marking paint can be fully exerted.
2. It is recommended to construct at a temperature above 0 to ensure that the working surface is clean and dry (please increase the material temperature appropriately for high temperature construction).
3. There should be room for the primer treatment, and the marking line should be painted after the primer is completely dry.
4. For the newly completed cement pavement, please try to postpone the construction after three months or stop the primer treatment twice, otherwise the marking line will easily fall off.
5. When constructing on roads with large traffic flow, after applying the primer, please place a warning cap to prevent the wheels from rolling over, taking away the primer and leaving dust.
Assuming that the material temperature is below 180, the petroleum resin cannot be fully stretched, which will affect the fluidity of the paint. The marking line will appear fluff during construction, and numbness will appear directly on the outside of the marking line, or there will be more residues, which will affect the appearance of the marking line; at the same time, the temperature Too low will affect the extension of petroleum resin molecules and weaken the adhesion of the marking line to the road surface.
After making hot melt paint marks, the reasons for the slow drying of hot melt paint are as follows:
1. When the ambient temperature specified by the standard is 23, the drying time of the hot-melt marking paint is 23 degrees, and it is less than 3 minutes. When the ambient temperature is higher than this temperature, the drying time will be correspondingly longer.
2. The temperature of the road surface is high. After the marking is completed, due to the high temperature of the road surface, the temperature of the asphalt road in summer is high, and the temperature is above 60 degrees. After the temperature of the hotline index line drops to the same temperature as the sidewalk, it will no longer cool and the marking will no longer dry. , This phenomenon usually occurs during the day (about 11:00 to 16:00), especially the double yellow line in the middle of the road is very serious, because the sunshine time in the middle of the road is very long, so the heat dissipation is very slow.
3. The density of the marking paint itself is a problem. Excessive use of additives such as leveling agents will improve the leveling and reduce the cost of the paint. The softening point of the marking paint will also decrease, and the hot-melt marking paint will gradually dry and become soft.
Post time: Jan-02-2022